Digital Story Telling: Alice

I chose to use the Adobe Voice to create my digital story. I also chose to use Alice in Wonderland as my theme for the story because I loved this book as a child, as well as all the movie adaptations that have came from it. I also think any piece of literature has a certain amount of history that ties into it, which I can relate back to my content area. Another reason I chose to use Alice as the theme character was because I do not feel that there are enough strong female characters that are represented for girls to look up to.But yes, I do believe Alice fits this description.

In the Adobe Voice app the feature were simple and easy to use. There was a few different  layout options to choose from, not as many as I would have liked, but enough to give a variety  to the user. Along with the different layout options were 32 different theme options to chose  from too. You can change to whatever theme you want, during whatever part of the video you  are in, but you can not change anything design about the theme itself.

Even with these minor things that I do not like about the app, I think overall this would be an easier app for the students to create their own story or recreate a historical event from their point of views, or the point of view from someone famous who was there. These videos would not have to be very long either, possible even under a minute depending on what it was that I wanted my students to create. I think that students would have a lot of fun getting to do a project like this because it would be unique and different from other things that they are assigned to do. And it’s free! Neither the school, the students, or their parents would have to pay for this app. So it would not effect the budget at all. I think those are three big reason that schools and teachers should think about when deciding to use this app; it’s simple and easy, the kids would get to do a fun and unique project, and it’s free!

Keep in mind that nothing is impossible, unless you believe it is!